01524 66516 or 07572399254
After School Club at Moorside Pre-School runs from the end of the school day until 5:30 every night. We have a maximum of 16 children per session, made up of children from Pre-School, Reception and Year 1. It is under the same Ofsted registration as our Pre-School provision so regulated under the same rigorous expectations
- Provision based in our early years classroom, next to Reception, which is designed for children in Pre-School, Reception and Year 1
- Small group sessions with a 1:8 ratio led by qualified early years specialists
- Varied and healthy snack provided
- The children plan the play– activities include cooking, crafts, woodland den building, games, film nights, football on the field and free play in our indoor and outdoor areas
- Free access to extensive outdoor areas
- Close links with the Reception and Year 1 teaching staff to support your child– we collect them from their class at the end of school and enjoy saying ‘hi’ when we see them throughout the day
Our routines are flexible but an example may be as follows:
- 3:00 children collected from Reception or Year 1
- 3:00—3:30 games, stories or table top activities
- 3:30—4:00 Snack time (children’s choice e.g. pitta bread pizzas, homemade pancakes and fruit, picnic)
- 4:00— 5:30 Free choice of activities indoors or out including use of our continuous provision, games, film nights, woodwork, crafts, visits to Dingle Dell or the field. The children choose to do as much or as little as they would like after their busy days at school.
Sessions are invoiced monthly and cost £9.20 per session, including snack and activities. Although session times can only be guaranteed by making a long term booking, we are flexible wherever possible to accommodate additional sessions or changes.
We accept tax free childcare or employer childcare schemes. See www.childcarechoices.gov.uk for more information.
You are welcome to contact us to arrange a tour or places can be requested by completing the form below.
Please note we are one of two after school clubs at Moorside Primary School. The other club ‘Moorside After School Club’ is run by Dallas Road Kids Club and must be contacted separately.